Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Arcade Fire- The Suburbs

The first thing you must know about Arcade Fire is that they get better every album they put out. I love everything about this album, from the opening track ("The Suburbs") to the album artwork and sleeve. I love how they are Canadian, how they release every album on vinyl, how two of the band members fell in love and got married, and especially how the each track on their album flows into the next. The band almost broke up a couple times in 2002 and 2003, but these hiccups only made the band better. The addition of Will Butler, Win Butler's brother, only helped the band and lead to their record deal with Merge Records near the end of 2003. It is so difficult to choose a favorite song on this album, they are all so amazing. Every time I listen "The Suburbs" comes on first and I think that this has got to be my favorite track hands down. But then theres that smooth transition into "Ready to Start" and my opinions change. Then "Modern Man" comes on and I give up on choosing a favorite track. The album was released with six different album covers and I have now made it my mission to get every single one. This quirky indie rock band is really out-there, but they somehow make it work. I don't know how but they have got to be one of my favorite bands at the moment. Go out and grab this record. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment