Monday, December 20, 2010

The Shins- Oh, Inverted World

This album is unexpectedly good. I recently found the out about the Shins and I can't get enough of them. Oh, Inverted World was released in 2001. The album starts with "Caring is Creepy", a great song that features the band's unique songwriting. This was the band's first album after they changed their name from Flake Music. As Flake Music they released a few unpopular EPs. In the song "The Past and the Pending" the delicate and tasteful trumpet is wonderful. I definitely love bands that can pull that kind of stuff off. "New Slang" has got to be my favorite song right now. It has a good pop beat while keeping an indie-rock sound. It's the kind of song I can hear in an independent movie, during an happy scene. Everything about this album is great, you all should buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment